Monday, April 25, 2011

Love story

e went to Central, graduated in 2008, we had the same grapevine of friends, our paths crossed, and we became friends. Our relationship started out via texting and facebook. Just talking here and there, a growing interest began between us, and Kyle still says he instantly fell in love with me. I was a senior in high school, he was a sophomore at Texas Tech, and was home on winter break. We first hung out at Brunswick, i brought my best friend Shelby, and my cousin Kyle with me, because i was nervous, I never hung out with Kyle before, I was awkward when it came to the dating scene, I didn't know left from right when it came to this kind of stuff, so i brought the people who knew what they were doing. We played pool, relaxed, and Kyle hardly looked me in the eye, I could tell he was so nervous, I thought it was cute, I was curious about this guy, who he was, and why he liked me, and I wanted to further explore this man.
We talked for a while, but it was just talking, I wanted more, but didn't know how to ask or 'motion' for it. Well, Kyle,....he sure didn't do anything. So i kinda gave up. Then one day I woke up at 2 o' clock in the morning with a facebook message sent to my phone, and i still have it :), saying that he is sorry that he is so stupid and awkward, and he would be honored if I went on a date with him. I texted him the next morning and glady said yes :)
December 14th, 2009
This is hilarious. I never told my parents about Kyle and I, because I was afraid they wouldn't let me date him because I'm supposed to 'casual date'. So I was off work that day, i got all dolled up, and everything! My mom was getting ready to go to the At&t store with my uncle to get an iphone for my aunt's birthday. I told Kyle I would meet him there, you know, to cover my tracks (another way i messed up the date, i felt bad for him, cause it took his moxy away) and i drove to Casa Rita's, right off of western center. I got there a little early, nervous as heck. I got out of the car to sit on the patio, and realized, the At&t store is right NEXT DOOR! I panicked, and ran for the car and drove in the next parking lot, which was Zios. I called Kyle and told him to meet me there. Being the amazing guy that he is, he just smiled and said, "I'm just glad I'm on a date with you." :)
He took me to another mexican resteruant, Los mojcajetes, and then Bear creek park afterwards. It was amazing and I wanted more.
We talked everyday, hung out frequently, and I became more nervous. I've never been in a relationship like this before, everything was new to me. The New Years weekend was approaching, and Kyle was going to go out of town with his parents to San Antonio for a Texas Tech game. We didn't have much time, cause after that, he would go back to Lubbock. My cousin Tara Field was visiting, and she insisted on meeting Kyle. I sadly had to work that night, till ten. So we wanted to go out to ihop with him aftewards. OF COURSE, my dad said no. So we improvised. Kyle came and him and Tara and I, walked around the neighborhood. Right before this, I told Tara, that I was ready for him to ask me out, but I was scared. She was ecstatic. After our walk, Tara runs inside, leaving me and him alone. I get nervous and run in to join her. Tara got so upset she took my phone and called him back. She said, "We're hungry, can we give you money and get us some jack in the box?" Sure enough he turned around and got us food. Tara ran in, and left us alone again. Sure enough, he asked me to be his girlfriend on December 30th, 2009. :) Tara didn't even eat the food!
It was amazing, and the hardest things i've ever done. I would see him every other weekend. Kyle would drive 5 hours, every two weeks, for six months, to see me. I was in love. I told him about my background, being Mormon, and said that this isn't changing, and I hoped he could be accepting. More so than i could imagine! He started investigating the church, and long story short, was baptized April 17th, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment